The Soccer Academy at Westview is designed to develop the individual skills of the participants and give them an appreciation of teamwork in the game of soccer. The program will serve both Westview students AND students at other high schools in the district who choose to cross-enroll from their home school in order to participate in this specialty program. The program has a strong commitment to excellence in student achievement and is fully integrated into the regular school timetable.
The Soccer Academy at Westview will provide unique soccer specific courses. These courses will have in-class and on-field instruction. In the classroom, students will receive instruction in fitness, nutrition, strength training, sport philosophy, goal setting, time-management, leadership skills, coaching philosophies and laws and history of the game. The on-field sessions will focus primarily on individual skill development as well as principles of attacking and defending, positional responsibilities, systems of play, restarts and set-plays.In short, we address the Technical, Physical, Tactical and Psycho-Social aspects of the game.
Academy Course structure:
Grade 8 Health and Career 8/9 ( “Soccer” theme)
Grade 9 Advanced Soccer 10
Grade 10 Advanced Soccer 11
Grade 11 Soccer Principles 12
Grade 12 Student Aide (Soccer)
- Soccer Kit: shorts, shirt, socks, track pants/jacket, bag
- Qualified Soccer Instruction/Coaching
- Field Equipment
- Classroom Supplies/Resources
- Application Form
- Coaches Checklist
- Player Statement
- Parent Statement
- Copy of most recent report card
- Deposit Cheque ($200.00) dated September 4, 2020 and 2 postdated cheques for $200.00 each dated October 12 and November 16, 2020 must be attached to your application form. If you wish to pay in full prior to November 16, 2020 please attach your cheque as well to this application for the balance.
If you do not write cheques, we request your payment in full for September 4, 2020 for $600.00.
Please submit application to Darren Rowell at Westview Secondary.
Application packages must be submitted by April 6, 2020 with payment ( PDC’s or payment in full dated Sept. 4, 2020).
Download full application package: Soccer Academy Application 2020-2021