This semester’s Student Led Conferences are scheduled for March 30, 2023. There will be an afternoon session from 1:30 pm to 4:30 pm and an evening session from 5:30 pm to 7:30 pm. Conferences are booked online in 5 minute blocks with your student’s classroom teachers.
For March 2023, we anticipate that some staff may offer sessions in ZOOM. Specific invitations will be sent from individual teachers. This is a “pilot” to support parent feedback looking for this option.
Please be sure to only book appointments with your Semester 2 teachers.
Sign-up for the conferences can now be done through the parent portal via these steps:
1) Log on to the Parent Portal at parents.sd42.ca
2) Select the Student Led Conferences Tab along the top
3) Select your student and click Show Calendar
4) On the left side select March 30th by clicking on the 30th
5) Your student’s teachers will be listed across the top. Scroll down to the desired time and click on that time slot. Click Yes to confirm that slot with that particular teacher. You can scroll along the bottom to see all teachers. Repeat this process for all of your child’s teachers you want to meet.
The appointment booking system is a part of the parent portal, please be sure that you have access to the parent portal. If you do not have access to the Parent Portal please contract the school immediately.
Students are expected to attend with parent / guardian.
The portal (https://parents.sd42.ca/Parents/ParentLoginPage.aspx) includes an instructional video.
Appointment booking will open one week before the event.
Tips for a successful Student Led Conference:
1. Prepare specific questions for each Teacher / Subject in advance; take notes.
2. Teachers will typically schedule 5-minute time limit. This allows for all parents and students to meet with teachers within the allotted time frames.
3. Should you require additional time, please arrange a mutually convenient time for you and the teacher to meet.
4. Ensure the teacher has your correct contact information such as e-mail or preferred phone number.
5. Ask about teacher websites or additional contact plans.
6. Follow up with your child after the conference.
7. Teacher e-mail addresses are listed on the school webpage.