This year’s Student Led Conferences are scheduled for November 16, 2023 and February 8, 2024.
There will be afternoon sessions from 1:30 pm to 4:30 pm and evening sessions from 5:30 pm to 7:30 pm. Conferences are booked online in 5 minute blocks with your student’s classroom teachers.
Please be sure to only book appointments with your student’s teachers.
Sign-up for the conferences can now be done through the parent portal via these steps:
1) Log on to the Parent Portal at parents.sd42.ca
2) Select the Student Led Conferences Tab along the top
3) Select your student and click Show Calendar
4) On the left side select the date (16th or 8th) by clicking on the 16th or 8th.
5) Your student’s teachers will be listed across the top. Scroll down to the desired time and click on that time slot. Click Yes to confirm that slot with that particular teacher. You can scroll along the bottom to see all teachers. Repeat this process for all of your child’s teachers you want to meet.
The appointment booking system is a part of the parent portal, please be sure that you have access to the parent portal. If you do not have access to the Parent Portal please contract the school immediately.
Students are expected to attend with parent / guardian.
The portal (https://parents.sd42.ca/Parents/ParentLoginPage.aspx) includes an instructional video.
Appointment booking will open one week before the event.
Tips for a successful Student Led Conference:
1. Prepare specific questions for each Teacher / Subject in advance; take notes.
2. Teachers will typically schedule 5-minute time limit. This allows for all parents and students to meet with teachers within the allotted time frames. Allow for travel time by not booking back to back, dropping in impacts other scheduled appointments and will not be “allowed” in general.
3. Should you require additional time, please arrange a mutually convenient time for you and the teacher to meet.
4. Ensure the teacher has your correct contact information such as e-mail or preferred phone number.
5. Ask about teacher websites or additional contact plans.
6. Follow up with your child after the conference.
7. Teacher e-mail addresses are listed on the school webpage.