Student Led Conferences at MRSS use an appointment-based system. Make sure to have a list of your student’s teachers with you before logging on. The registration is: https://ptcfast.com/schools/Maple_Ridge_Secondary_2
FAQ – Frequently Asked Questions:
1. Why Five minute appointments?
Feedback from other schools indicates that five minutes is sufficient and still creates enough appointments for teachers to connect with as many parents as the “drop in format”.
What if my son or daughter has the same teacher for two subjects, can I get more time?
In most circumstances, 5 minutes will be enough; however more time can be added. The PTC system does not let the parent adjust the time but it can be done by the system administrator. Please contact Mr. Liversidge, email@example.com , if you feel you will need a 10-minute appointment. There is no guarantee of this accommodation.
What if I cannot get an appointment?
Teachers remain committed to connecting with parents as a part of the Student Led conference process. Please feel free to e-mail teachers and ask for an update on your son or daughter. During the event the office will maintain a list for each teacher, so if you cannot email the teacher please visit the school office and we will add your name to the teacher contact list.
Can we still drop in looking to find a moment with a teacher?
Teachers will not be available for drop in appointments; however, support staff will be available during the event to book last minute appointments in the teachers schedules. These are subject to availability.
Tips for a successful Student Led Conference:
1. Prepare specific questions for each Teacher / Subject in advance; take notes.
2. Please support a 5 minute time limit to meet with each teacher. This allows for all parents and students to meet with teachers within the allotted time frames.
3. Should you require additional time, please arrange a mutually convenient time for you and the teacher to meet.
4. Ensure the teacher has your correct contact information such as e-mail or preferred phone number.Ask about teacher websites or additional contact plans.
5. Follow up with your child after the conference.