Mountain West Studios takes our grad portraits. Sign-up is at www.mountainwest.ca and it opens on November 1, 2019. Retake appointments can be made after January 6, 2020. Retakes will be at Pitt Meadows Secondary on January 23 and 24, 2020.
Here are the steps:
- Go to www.mountainwest.ca
- At the top of the screen click on “Book A Photo Session”
- On the left-hand side of the screen, select your school
- On the left-hand side of the screen, “select session”(grad portrait)
- Select a date from the calendar. Available dates are indicated in white boxes with blue dates
- Select your time by clicking the “book it” button
- Only book one appointment (it will include both casual and formal poses)
- Fill in the required information
- Make sure that you arrive early to your appointment, and be sure to bring the $20 sitting fee
Gentlemen: a dress shirt and tie is recommended. Ladies: a white blouse is best, or a top that is cut lower than the V-neck of the gown (for a clean open neck look). Makeup should be natural, not overdone. Avoid new or unusual hairstyles just before your sitting; choose a style familiar to you and your family. There will be several formal traditional cap and gown portraits as well as casual photos during the sitting, so students are welcome to bring a prop such as a basketball, hockey gear or a musical instrument. For more information, click here: Grad portraits Thomas Haney 2019 – 20
Grad Cap and Gowns
The grad gowns are purchased from Herff Jones and will be issued to students after the grad breakfast and rehearsal. These are keeper gowns; they do not need to be returned. Grads will be measured for their gowns either in the main office or in Mr. Clutchey’s classroom (room 1121) prior to spring break. If students will be wearing heels to the ceremony, the heel height needs to be factored into their measurements.
Grad gowns are designed to fit heights of:
- 4’8” – 5’4” (142 cm – 163 cm) up to 200 pounds (90 kg).
- 5’5” – 6’1” (165 cm -185 cm) up to 250 pounds (113 kg).
- 6’2 – 6’8” (187 cm – 203 cm) up to 300 pounds (136 kg).
If a student is heavier than these height guidelines, they need to indicate XL along with their height.
Students or parents should iron the gowns on a light setting prior to the ceremony, and attach the tassel to the cap.