Year End at GSS
At this time we are in the last phases of face-to-face instruction for the 2019 – 2020 academic year. Most students have elected not to return to school continuing with online content delivery.
As a school we have a great many resources distributed to student. Collectively, we want to ensure students can clean their lockers, return books & technology, and collect yearbooks. Moreover, there are gifts to distribute to our graduates.
We need to do this process in a manner that supports the expectations for social distancing and group size. Below is a step-by-step plan for this event. We will hold tight to this process. Students who are or have been recently or currently ill or exposed to illness of any kind ,i.e. feverish, coughing, etc, should contact the grade administrator to make an appointment at a future time.
Students with compromised immune systems / respiratory challenges or those that share a household with a person who has these or similar issues will email their grade Administrator (below) providing their locker number and combination. We will collect the contents of your locker and bring it to the front of the school for pick up; Monday June 22 between 1 – and 3 PM. Textbooks and other school resources will remain in the school. Your safety matters.
Other students needing to clean their lockers, and or pick up yearbooks etc., will attend at the appointed time on the schedule below. The schedule below is alphabetical by last name to allow siblings to come together and distance students at lockers that are assigned by grade. Although our school is exceptionally clean and sterile, we expect that:
- Students enter from one of three doors closest to their locker: The theater entrance, main entrance or the east Café entrance. We will limit the number of students in the building at one time.
- Only Students emptying lockers enter the building, others family please remain in their vehicle.
- Students observe social distancing, and wash their hands upon entering the school.
- The school now has directional hallways. We ask that the flow pattern is followed, to support social distancing.
- Students bring their own bags and may choose to bring / wear a mask, gloves, disinfecting wipe and / or hand sanitizer. We cannot provide these items.
- Students will leave textbooks and school resources such as library books, instruments, jerseys etc., at the tables close to the door they entered.
- Technology will be collected in the main office / front hall, there will be direct communication to students who have district IT resources.
- Yearbooks, Grad Folios, and Grad gift can be picked up in the Café.
- Students are asked to exit the same door they entered or the door closest to the cafe, immediately after completing their tasks. Please do not loiter in the parking lot.
Students with recourses (books, technology, etc.) and no locker may return resources to the front of the school anytime June 22 or 23 between 9 – 2 PM
We will not cut locks open for forgotten combinations at this time. If this occurs please contact the grade administrator to make an appointment at a future time.
In the event a locker is unclaimed by June 28th the contents will be removed and donated to charity. This is the typical yearly process.
GSS Locker Clean up Schedule:
|June 22||8:30 – 9:30||A – C|
|June 22||9:30 – 10:15||D – F|
|June 22||10:15 – 11:00||G – J|
|June 22||12:30 – 1:30||K – L|
|June 22||1:30 – 2:30||M – O|
|June 23||8:30 – 9:30||O – Q|
|June 23||9:30 – 10:15||R – S|
|June 23||10:15- 11:00||T – V|
|June 23||12:30 – 1:30||W – Z|
|June 23||1:30 – 2:30||Appointments|